The annual Gingerbread Village is BACK for 2022! Gingerbread Village, is one of Wichita’s favorite holiday traditions and it is back in person for the first time since 2019 at Exploration Place on Saturday and Sunday, November 12 and 13, 2022. The event had been canceled in 2020 & 2021 due to Covid so we are all very happy they are hosting it again.
The beloved event is a partnership between Exploration Place and the Assistance League of Wichita. We all agree that this event is one of the best DEALS for the Holiday Season. For the ticket price you get so much!
What you get with your Gingerbread Village ticket:
- With admission, you will receive a gingerbread house kit for each person. The pre-cut graham cracker pieces make it easy to assemble your house using the included icing. The tables will be plentiful with an array of candy and toppings to strategize, engineer, craft and build the ultimate sweet escape.
- With the ticket price you get access to the brand new exhibit called Arctic Adventures that opened on November 4th. Visit our Facebook and Instagram to see a sneak peek of the exhibit. At this exhibit you experience all of this for FREE:
- Sock Skating – Trade ice skates for socks in a kid-friendly activity that utilizes SuperGlide synthetic ice.
- Arctic Arcade – features exciting interactive wall games provided by LUMOPlay, including a fast-paced virtual snowball fight; multiplayer team games such as Ravenous, Ravenous Reindeer; and the chance to grab a giant toothbrush and Clean the Yeti’s Teeth!
- Indoor Snow – A winter wonderland wouldn’t be complete without falling snow! A snow machine high up in the rafters will send flurries swirling through the air.
- Wonderland Walkway – an interactive, educational sensory pathway through a forest of beautiful Christmas trees.
- Giant Snow Globe – Step inside a life-size snow globe and view the world from inside the frosty fun. Snap a family picture to remember your visit to Arctic Adventure!
- You will get to experience all that Exploration has to offer. They have hands-on science fun for the whole family. They have various permanent exhibits that you can enjoy like:
- You to rivet an airplane wing
- Chuck buffalo chips
- Marvel at a miniaturized 1950s Kansas
- Rule a medieval castle
- Get comfortable in a giant meadowlark nest and more!
- Visitors can also shop at the bake sale and admire fantastical gingerbread creations by local businesses and individuals.
Admission: $12 Adults / $10 Seniors / $10 Children / $6 Members
- New this year you will have the ability to get your tickets for a specific time slot which really helps with the crowds and makes it a more enjoyable experience for everyone but you can also get them at the door.
This day is one that children will remember long after the last piece of candy has been plucked off the rooftops of their gingerbread creations.
Another new option for 2022 is the option to reserve a room to avoid the hustle and bustle and have a
private experience for your party. Two rooms that can accommodate 30 guests are available for rental. To reserve your private decorating room call 316-660-0600 and ask for Sydney.
Admission includes a gingerbread house kit and, as I mentioned above, all Exploration Place exhibits.
Proceeds from Gingerbread Village benefit Assistance League of Wichita philanthropic programs.
The Gingerbread Village is available from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on November 12 & 13. This event is a holiday tradition for many Wichita families!
Date: November 12 and 13, 2022
Time: Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Location: Exploration Place, 300 N McLean Blvd. Wichita
Cost:The cost is $12 for adults, $10 for seniors, $10 for children and $6 for Exploration Place members
For more information, visit the Gingerbread Village event page on Exploration Place’s website.
Be sure to see our full list of Holiday Events in Wichita