WSU Center for Entrepreneurship is a local advertising partner here at Wichita on the Cheap.
Get a “fast-acting dose of practical know-how” for your business this spring with the Wichita State University Center for Entrepreneurship’s Business Booster series of workshops.
The series, presented in partnership with Meritrust, offers weekly three-hour workshops with real-world practical advice for business owners, inventors, freelancers, and others who are or would like to become self-employed or entrepreneurs.
(If you’re a WSU student, this series is beyond a good deal! Each session is only $5 for WSU students; if your aspirations include running your own business, be sure to attend.)
Included in this spring’s lineup are two FREE workshops (see below).
Business Booster Schedule
Time: 12:30 – 3:30 p.m. on Fridays
Location: Devlin Hall, Rm. 010, WSU main campus
Cost: $50 each ($5 WSU students) or $349 for all sessions
- Feb 20 Happiness Matters: Creating a Culture for Business to Thrive
Instructor: Todd Ramsey
- Feb 27 The Employee Factor
Instructor: Gaylen Chandler
- Mar 6 Inventing 101: The Nuts and Bolts of Developing and Protecting an Invention
Instructor: Crissa Cook
- Mar 13 Real Estate Leases: What Every Business Should Know
Instructor: Stan Longhofer
- Mar 20 What Can We Do For You? (FREE session!)
Presented by: The Center for Entrepreneurship, Small Business Association, SCORE, and NetWork KS
- Mar 27 Export as a Growth Strategy
Instructor: Karyn Page
- Apr 3 SEO Part 2: Local SEO Tactics – How to Be Found Locally
Instructor: Marc Zwygart
- Apr 10 Success: The Entrepreneurial Perspective
Instructor: Devin Walker
- Apr 17
Serial EntrepreneurshipCANCELLED FOR THIS DATE – WILL BE RESCHEDULED
Instructor: Jonathan George
- Apr 30 Federal Funding Opportunities (FREE session!)
Presented by: Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) program managers