Trivia nights at restaurants and pubs are an ideal frugal activity! They’re super fun for a date, for an evening out with friends and family, or even if you’re on your own.
Typically, playing is free. Of course, at most venues it’s appreciated – and in some cases required – that you patronize the establishment by ordering a drink or food. But you would probably be doing that anyway, and on trivia night your entertainment is included!
Sometimes you even have an opportunity to win prizes. Often winning teams receive gift vouchers for the restaurant or pub ranging in value from about $10 to $30. That’s a nice perk indeed.
Trivia night events in Wichita are quite popular, and usually well organized with engaging questions and professional hosts that are fun and entertaining. Occasionally, a trivia event focuses on a specific theme, such as “Princesses” or “The 90s.” Usually though, the questions span a wide range of topics, such as outer space, desserts, films, science, politics and rock stars. Sometimes they’ll play a song and ask you to identify the title or the artist singing.
If you’re feeling shy about answering random questions in public, no problem. You usually sit at your own table with your friends — aka teammates — eating and drinking while discussing the questions and quietly submitting the answers on paper.
Wichita Trivia Nights
If you want to play on a particular evening, it’s wise to phone first to verify the event is definitely on for that night.
- Chicken N Pickle Trivia Night has fun, family-friendly trivia every Monday night. Double-check the schedule before you head out. 7-9 p.m. 1240 N. Greenwich Road, Wichita, Kansas 67206.
- Fuzzy’s Taco Shop has fun live trivia every Monday night at 7 p.m. Fuzzy’s has two locations: 4521 E 21st St N Suite 107 and 306 N Rock Rd Suite 30, Wichita, KS.
- Rusty Needle Sports Bar, 1808 N. Plum St., Hutchinson 67502, 620-259-6674, DJ Trivia 7:15 p.m. (will happen on Mondays soon, call to confirm)
- Hurricane Sports Grill, 8641 W 13th St N., Wichita 67212, DJ Trivia, 7 p.m. Tuesdays, (316) 260-9686
- Quincy’s Bar & Grill, 2047 N. West St., Wichita 67203, DJ Trivia about 7 p.m. or 7:15 p.m. Tuesdays, 316-942-8200 (updated)
- Picasso’s Pizza, 5900 E. Central, Wichita 67208, 316-260-3998, 7 p.m. Tuesdays (updated)
- Barleycorn’s, 608 E. Douglas Ave., Wichita, 316 866-6792, Trivia is 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays, with occasional theme nights. Entry to play may be $1, with opportunity for winning cash. 21+
- PourHouse ICT, 711 E Douglas Ave, Wichita 67202, DJ Trivia, 7 p.m. Wednesdays, (316)260-4897
- Mulligan’s Pub, 8343 E. 42nd St. N., Wichita 67226, 316-636-2220, Trivia 7:00 p.m. Wednesdays (updated)
- Headshots Bar & Grill, 6140 E. 21st. St. N., Wichita 67208, 316-260-4370, Geeks Who Drink Trivia 8 p.m. Wednesdays, teams are 1 to 6 players. Usually free, with occasional theme nights for $5 fee, which is used for prize pool (updated)
- Spaulding’s Food & Drink, 220 W. 3rd St., Andover 316-295-3913 7 p.m. Thursdays
Frugal Wichita Date Ideas
Wichita Restaurant Specials
Happy Hour Specials in Wichita
$5 lunches in Wichita
Places to Play Pinball in Wichita
Wichita, KS Board Game Nights
Best Coffee Shops in and near Wichita
More inexpensive things to do with friends or on a date in Wichita:
Friday, March 5, 2021
Sunday, March 7, 2021
Monday, March 8, 2021
Tuesday, March 9, 2021
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
Thursday, March 11, 2021
Friday, March 12, 2021
Sunday, March 14, 2021
Monday, March 15, 2021
Tuesday, March 16, 2021
Wednesday, March 17, 2021
Thursday, March 18, 2021
Saturday, March 20, 2021
Sunday, March 21, 2021
Monday, March 22, 2021
Tuesday, March 23, 2021
Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Thursday, March 25, 2021
Sunday, March 28, 2021
Monday, March 29, 2021
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Thursday, April 1, 2021
Friday, April 2, 2021