Trivia nights at restaurants and pubs are an ideal frugal activity! They’re super fun for a date, for an evening out with friends and family, or even if you’re on your own.
Typically, playing is free. Of course, at most venues it’s appreciated – and in some cases required – that you patronize the establishment by ordering a drink or food. But you would probably be doing that anyway, and on trivia night your entertainment is included!
Sometimes you even have an opportunity to win prizes. Often winning teams receive gift vouchers for the restaurant or pub ranging in value from about $10 to $30. That’s a nice perk indeed.
Trivia night events in Wichita are quite popular, and usually well organized with engaging questions and professional hosts that are fun and entertaining. Occasionally, a trivia event focuses on a specific theme, such as “Princesses” or “The 90s.” Usually though, the questions span a wide range of topics, such as outer space, desserts, films, science, politics and rock stars. Sometimes they’ll play a song and ask you to identify the title or the artist singing.
If you’re feeling shy about answering random questions in public, no problem. You usually sit at your own table with your friends — aka teammates — eating and drinking while discussing the questions and quietly submitting the answers on paper.
Wichita Trivia Nights
If you want to play on a particular evening, it’s wise to phone first to verify the event is definitely on for that night.
- Smedley’s Tavern, 317 N. Main St., Hutchinson 67501, 620-259-6588, DJ Trivia 6 p.m. Mondays
- Planet Sub Delano, 535 W. Douglas, Wichita 67213, 316-265-8700, DJ Trivia 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Mondays.
- Pumphouse, 825 E. Second St. N., Wichita 67202, 316-262-7867, Trivia 7 p.m. Tuesdays.
- Quincy’s Bar & Grill, 2047 N. West St., Wichita 67203, DJ Trivia 7 p.m. Tuesdays, 316-942-8200
- Rusty Needle Sports Bar, 1808 N. Plum St. Hutchinson 67502, 620-259-6674, DJ Trivia 7:15 p.m. Tuesdays
- Mulligan’s Pub, 8343 E. 42nd St. N., Wichita 67226, 316-636-2220, Trivia 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays
- Dempsey’s Burger Pub, 3700 E. Douglas Ave., Wichita, 316-425-3831, trivia 9 p.m. Tuesdays.
- Dempsey’s Burger Pub, 550 N. Rock Road, Wichita, 316-425-5024, sign up at 7:30 p.m. for DJ Trivia event at 8 p.m. Tuesdays
- Oliver’s Beef & Brew, 925 E. 30th Ave., Hutchinson 67502, 620-669-6838, DJ Trivia 7 p.m. Wednesdays
- Aero Plains Brewing, 117 N. Handley, Wichita, 316-448-2811, Quickdraw Trivia 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesdays
- MoJoes Wichita, 10919 E. Harry St., Wichita 67207, 316-260-6111, DJ Trivia 7:15 p.m. Wednesdays
- Headshots Bar & Grill, 6140 E. 21st. St. N., Wichita 67208, 316-260-4370, Geeks Who Drink Trivia 8 p.m. Wednesdays, teams are 1 to 6 players
- Mort’s Cigar Bar, 923 E. First St. North, Wichita 67202, 316-262-1785, Trivia 8 p.m. Wednesdays
- Barleycorn’s, 608 E. Douglas Ave., Wichita, 316 866-6792, Trivia is 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays, with occasional theme nights. Entry to play may be $1, with opportunity for winning cash.
- Planet Subs West Wichita, 10330 W. Central Ave., Wichita 67212, 316-721-5084, DJ Trivia 6:30 p.m. Thursdays
- Mamma Lou’s, 111 N. Main St., Buhler 67522, 620-543-5139, DJ Trivia 6:30 p.m.
- The Kitchen, 725 E. Douglas, Wichita 67202, 316-928-2899, DJ Trivia at 7 p.m.
Frugal Wichita Date Ideas
Wichita Restaurant Specials
Happy Hour Specials in Wichita
Kids Eat Free (and Cheap) in Wichita
Wichita Date Ideas
Wichita’s Best Brunch Deals
$5 lunches in Wichita
More inexpensive things to do with friends or on a date in Wichita: