Participating restaurants around the city will offer special menus for lunch or dinner priced at either $15 or $30. Many of these are multi-course meals with appetizers, entrees, and dessert. (Tax, tip, and beverages are extra.) Some restaurants offer dinner for two for the $30 price tag, while others may offer premium dishes or several courses. No matter which you choose, 10% of the proceeds from these special Wichita Restaurant Week menus will be donated to the Boys & Girls Club of South Central Kansas.
As an example from the Wichita Restaurant Week website, Longhorn Steakhouse is planning to offer a $30 Restaurant Week dinner for two that includes the following:
- Choice of one appetizer to share: Spinach Dip, Texas Tonion or Wild West Shrimp®
- Choice of two entrées (includes two salads, unlimited Honey Wheat Bread, and two sides): 8 oz. Renegade Sirloin, PrimeTime Burger, Parmesan
- Crusted Chicken, 7 oz. LongHorn® Salmon or Napa Grilled Chicken.
- Choice of one dessert to share: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Pudding, Caramel Apple Goldrush or Chocolate Stampede
Another example from the Wichita Restaurant Week website is Bella Luna, which says they’ll be offering a $30 lunch or dinner for two that includes the following:
- Choice of:
- Pasta Carbonara – Cavatapi pasta tossed with bacon and peas in a mushroom Alfredo sauce. Topped with Pecorino Romano and Parmesan Cheese or
- Pasta Diablo – Southwestern penne pasta with peppers and onions in a roasted tomato and mushroom sauce. Topped with Parmesan cheese
- Served with a glass of red or white house wine
Both of these exclude beverage, tax, and tip.
Get more information at WichitaRestaurantWeek.com.
2017 participating restaurants include:
Bella Vita Bistro
The Kitchen @ Union Station
Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Fireside Grille at the Wichita Marriott
Georges French Bistro
The Hill Bar & Grill
Public at the Brickyard
Siena Tuscan Steakhouse Restaurant
AVI Seabar and Chophouse
Bella Luna Cafe
Café Bel Ami
Chester’s Chophouse & Wine Bar
Delano Barbecue Co.
El Mexico Cafe
Larkspur Bistro & Bar
Molino’s Mexican Cuisine
Playa Azul Old Town
River City Brewing Co.
Wings & Things