Enjoy a day of free fun for the whole family at the Opening Day for Wichita Art Museum’s newest exhibition, “Georgia O’Keeffe: Art, Image, Style” has something for everyone.
The Opening Extravaganza event and associated activities are FREE and open to the public, but tickets are required to see the exhibition. (Admission for the special Georgia O’Keeffe exhibition are $20 for adults ($15 seniors), and only $3 for college students and youth ages 5-17. College students should present their ID. Free for kids under 5.)
For more information on Opening Day, tickets or the exhibition, visit wichitaartmuseum.org/okeeffe.
Galleries open at 10:00 a.m. and close at 5:00 p.m.
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Art Studio Activities for the whole family to enjoy.
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. O’Keeffe Sewing Salon: Local designers Stella Hankins, Malissa Long Wilson, and Nina Winter design and create unique wrap dresses inspired by Georgia O’Keeffe’s style.
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Muse Café features a Southwest-inspired menu.
- 12 p.m.-3 p.m. Live music by John Goering, Wichita State University.
- 1 p.m. Curator Talk with exhibition curator, Dr. Wanda M. Corn “Dressing for the Photographer, Georgia O’Keeffe and Her Clothes.” Explore the way O’Keeffe used her distinctive taste in clothes to model for photographers, creating a public persona for herself.
- 2:30 p.m. Book Signing for “Georgia O’Keeffe: Living Modern,” with author Dr. Wanda M. Corn.
- 3-4 p.m. Film Screening of documentary “Georgia O’Keeffe,” filmed in and around O’Keeffe’s studio in New Mexico.
When: March 30, 2019
Time: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Where: Wichita Art Museum
For More Information: http://www.wichitaartmuseum.org/okeeffe