Marvel Studios is celebrating its 10th anniversary with an all-out film festival featuring all 20 of its action-packed movies at Regal Cinema’s Warren IMAX theater.
It’s a Marvel movie marathon in IMAX.
The festival runs from August 30 to September 6, and you might want to arrange your vacation time accordingly. (Kidding, sort of.) The movies will have multiple showtimes during the festival, from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. each day.
The best thing about it – besides being able to binge-watch your favorite Marvel superheros in a massive movie marathon on the immense IMAX screen – is that a festival pass is only $50.
Let’s do the math: $50 divided by 20 movies = $2.50 per movie. In the IMAX.
Adding even more value, your pass also gets you a $5 medium popcorn and soda combo every time you show it. (We might as well just quit our jobs now. Priorities.)
The marathon lineup includes:
- Iron Man (2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Thor (2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- The Avengers (2012)
- Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Thor: Dark World (2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 (2017)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- Thor Ragnarok (2017)
- Black Panther (2018)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
Boy, they’ve been busy these past 10 years! That’s a lot of hero-defeating-bad-guys/heroes-fighting-amongst-themselves action right there.
Three of those movies – Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and Captain America: The First Avenger – have never been shown in IMAX before.
Sadly, as I’m looking at the schedule at the Regal Theaters website, it doesn’t look possible to see each and every movie unless you have a very flexible schedule. The first five days of the festival will show the films in release order. The following two days will pair movies by “Origins” and “Team Ups.” The last day of the festival, September 6, will conclude with two movies chosen by fans.
But don’t worry – if you can’t see enough of the Marvel marathon to make a pass worth the cost, you can purchase tickets individually for only $8. (This is still a discount on the regular price of an IMAX movie.) You get the festival pass by purchasing it via the Regal Cinemas app.
Here’s the schedule:
Thursday, August 30
- 1 p.m.: Iron Man
- 4 .m.: The Incredible Hulk
- 7 p.m.: Iron Man 2
- 10 p.m.: Thor
Friday, August 31
- 1 p.m.: Captain America: The First Avenger
- 4 p.m.: The Avengers
- 7 p.m.: Iron Man 3
- 10 p.m.: Thor: Dark World
Saturday, September 1
- 1 p.m.: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- 4 p.m.: Guardians of the Galaxy
- 7 p.m.: Avengers: Age of Ultron
- 10 p.m.: Ant-Man
Sunday, September 2
- 1 p.m.: Captain America: Civil War
- 4 p.m.: Doctor Strange
- 7 p.m.: Guardians of the Galazy, Vol. 2
- 10 p.m.: Spider-Man: Homecoming
Monday, September 3
- 1 p.m.: Thor: Ragnarok
- 4 p.m.: Black Panther
- 7 p.m.: Avengers: Infinity War
- 10 p.m.: Ant-Man and the Wasp
Tuesday, September 4
- 1 p.m.: Iron Man
- 4 p.m.: Spider-Man: Homecoming
- 7 p.m.: Black Panther
- 10 p.m.: Doctor Strange
Wednesday, September 5
- 1 p.m.: Guardians of the Galaxy
- 4 p.m.: Captain America: Civil War
- 7 p.m.: The Avengers
- 10 p.m.: Avengers: Infinity War
Thursday, September 6
- 1 p.m.: TBD
- 4 p.m.: TBD