Make Music Day 2019 is here!
This Friday, June 21, enjoy Make Music Day and all of the fun events surrounding it. According to the Make Music Wichita website:
“Make Music Day is a free celebration of music around the world on June 21st. Launched in 1982 in France as the Fête de la Musique, it is now held on the same day in more than 800 cities in 120 countries.
Completely different from a typical music festival, Make Music is open to anyone who wants to take part. Every kind of musician — young and old, amateur and professional, of every musical persuasion — pours onto streets, parks, plazas, and porches to share their music with friends, neighbors, and strangers. All of it is free and open to the public.”
Damm Music Center Old Town Square Events
Damm Music Center is hosting a series of music events in Old Town Square including:
- 2-5 p.m. Bluegrass Jam- Bring your bluegrass instruments and join in the fun or just come to listen.
- 5-6 p.m. Drum Circle Jam-All ages, no experience necessary. This is fun for the whole family! Bring your own, or borrow one of theirs: djembes, congas, bongos, shakers, cow bells, buckets, sticks, etc.
- 6-7 p.m. Free Ukulele Lesson-All ages, no experience necessary. Fun for the whole family! Bring your own, or borrow one of their ukuleles. You’ll leave knowing how to play some basic chords on the ukulele.
- 7 p.m. Sousapalooza-Anyone who plays a band instrument is invited to sight read the music of “The March King”, John Phillip Sousa. Register HERE.
- 8 p.m. Listen and dance to the music of the band Daydream. (Sponsored by Vibrant ICT)
Senseney Music will also have a lot of music events going on throughout the day at their store.