Did you know you can ride a Boat down the Arkansas River? Thats right! You can enjoy the beautiful river view of the iconic Keeper of the Pains. This is a unique thing to do in Wichita.
Sherman Padgett started ICT River Rides in 2022. He was inspired by the WagonMasters, who give pontoon boat rides during Riverfest. He thought that this would be something fun for the whole summer. He has lived his entire adult life in Wichita, started teaching at Wichita Public Schools in 1990, and currently teaches art at Chester Lewis Alternative High School.
Details on How ICT River Ride:
- Starting May 1st, 2023 you can Ride a Boat on the Arkansas River
- ICT Rive Ride is available: Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 5 pm – 10 pm
- It’s $5 per rider for 15 min.
- Six person limit
- Pick up is under Douglas Ave. Bridge East Bank
- The schedule is subject to change based on weather and river conditions
- It is first come, first serve