Are you looking to escape the everyday routine and explore something new? Hotel at Old Town has partnered with us to help promote Staycations in the City we all love. Experience Wichita in a new way by making a vacation out of our hometown. With great restaurants, local attractions, and outdoor activities, you can have a blast without leaving the city. And since it’s all close to home, you don’t have to worry about long travel times!
Wichita was named one of the best summer travel and action destinations in a study released by Wallethub.com. The study evaluated costs, attractions, weather, activities, and safety. Wichita ranked high for having lower travel costs and hassles. It also scored well on affordability and safety.
Hotel at Old Town is personally my favorite hotel in town. My husband and I have stayed there multiple times, and it’s the hotel we had our wedding guests stay at. We chose it because of the location and because it is locally owned and operated. Plus, it’s a charming hotel, and the rooms are fantastic. I love all the local touches this hotel provides, from the Wichita memorabilia to the history of the building.
Fun Fact: Hotel at Old Town has FREE live Jazz every Friday and Saturday night from 6 – 9:30 pm. You don’t have to stay at the hotel to enjoy the music and grab a cocktail from the bartender, Steve. He will keep you entertained all night.
Are you thinking about a Staycation, have family in town, know someone coming into town for work or whatever the reason, we have a deal for you! Since you are a Wichita on the Cheap reader, anyone who sees this article can receive a special rate at Hotel at Old Town in Wichita, Kansas.
Hotel at Old Town Information:
- The Hotel at Old Town has been locally owned & operated since 1999, and it’s in the heart of Wichita’s Old Town entertainment district.
- They offer VIP Perks & discounts to other local businesses & entertainment with your room key.
- For example, you can receive free admission to Cowtown with your stay or a discount at Larkspur. Ask the front desk for more info.
- The hotel was built in 1906; the building was a warehouse for the Keen Kutter brand of tools, silverware, dishes, and sporting goods.
- Keen Kutter/Simmons Hardware & Wichita memorabilia is displayed throughout the hotel.
- They are adding a historic aviation floor this winter, partnering with local aviation companies, the Kansas Aviation Museum, and The B-29 Doc Hangar, Education and Visitors Center.
- The lobby was renovated in January of 2023.
- The 1906 Bar & Lounge is a lowkey bar, offering comfortable seating and a relaxed atmosphere, no cover charge, and live jazz every Friday & Sat night (6-9:30p).
- They offer Scotch Flights & local wines in the 1906 bar.
- Their one-bedroom Suites offer oversized jetted Jacuzzi tubs, perfect for a relaxing night or a romantic evening.
- All of their rooms have kitchens, and they offer weekly & monthly rates. They are a hybrid of a boutique hotel and an extended-stay hotel.
- They are within walking distance of top wedding venues.
- The Hotel spaces can be rented for social & corporate/networking events even if you are not a hotel guest.