Want to save money on groceries? Learn how to grow good food in your own garden, and how to cook and preserve it, too, from the experts at the Sedgwick County Extension. The classes are only $5 per session or $35 for the whole series.
Both beginning and advanced home food gardeners will find something to interest them at the 2016 Grow Good Food Gardening Classes. The classes will be held in the evenings throughout the growing season at the Sedgwick County Extension Education Center at 21st and Ridge Road in Wichita.
Grow Good Food Gardening Class Schedule
All classes are 6-8 p.m. on the following dates.
- March 21 Indoor Seed Starting for Vegetable Gardens
- March 31 Growing Strawberries
- April 12 Choosing Summer Vegetable Varieties
- April 25 Growing Vines and Vertical Gardening
- May 17 My Tomatoes are Planted, Now What? Keys to a Great Summer
- June 7 Weeds, Water, and the Weather
- July 12 Scouting and Controlling Garden Pests and Diseases
- August 1 Growing a Fall Salad Garden
Register online at http://tinyurl.com/2016GGFClasses or call 316-660-0100.