Registration is open for the 2021 Design and Grow Gardening Workshop from K-State Research and Extension, which will be held virtually this year.
The popular gardening workshop will be held online over two half-days in March. Each half day costs $5 and requires separate pre-registration to attend.
The first part of the workshop, emphasizing “Food for All”, will be held on Saturday, March 6, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This workshop will focus on guiding gardeners with tips on growing food for humans and wildlife. Topics include:
- Easy Grow Vegetable Garden – Tips for vegetable gardening made easy with no-till methods!
- Seed Starting – Advice and tips for starting seeds indoors.
- Landscaping for Wildlife: Take a Walk on the Wild Side – How to create a bird and wildlife-friendly yard.
The second workshop, titled “Beauty for All”, is scheduled for Saturday, March 27, also from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. “Beauty for All” will focus on tips and information for enhancing the beauty of your landscape. Topics for this workshop include:
- Maximizing Annual Flower Beauty – Find out about the newest annual flower varieties available, and how to grow them successfully.
- Color Year ‘Round with Perennials – Enjoy a colorful landscape throughout the year by learning how to create a color succession for your garden.
- Edible Landscaping – Great ideas for plants and planting schemes that will give you both a beautiful and fruitful landscape.
The Design & Grow Gardening Workshop will be packed with ideas and information for both beginning and longtime gardeners. You’ll learn from the pros, get ideas for your garden and landscape, and be inspired to branch out into new plants and gardening experiences.
Get the full schedule and purchase tickets here (opens in a new tab): 2021 Design and Grow Workshop from K-State Research and Extension in Wichita