Thanksgiving is just around the corner! This is the time to spend quality time with loved ones and celebrating everything that you are grateful for. Not only do you want to make room for all you can eat, but you want to make sure the family is entertained. In this list you will find several creative (and inexpensive) Thanksgiving games to play with your family!
- Thanksgiving Bingo- Get the whole family in on playing a fun game of Bingo
- Supplies: Free printable Bingo cards, Free printable calling cards, and candy corn or marshmallows to use as the playing pieces.
- Instructions: Give each player a Bingo card and playing pieces. Host will cut out the calling card pieces, put them in a bag, and reveal the image on the card to the players.
- Shake Your Tail Feathers– A game for all ages to keep the laughs going.
- Supplies: Empty tissue box, A Bag of feathers, string
- Instructions: Cut a piece of string long enough to tie around your waist. Tape the string to the middle of the bottom part of an empty tissue box. Put some feathers in an empty tissue box. Tie around your waist so the box is on your lower back. Finally, start jumping and moving around to shake the feathers out of the box. The first person to get all of the feathers out first, wins the game.
- Word Scramble– A word scramble allows your family to use their brain to figure out what the word is supposed to be.
- Supplies: Free printable word scramble game and a pen/pencil.
- Instructions: Handout a sheet to each family member and let them figure out the word.
- Guess How Many “Turkey Toes” are in the Jar- Use a old can a put in candy corn in it for a guessing game
- Scavenger Hunt– The best way to burn some calories after a big meal is to get moving. Place miscellaneous fall items hidden around the house or random things you would find in the yard.
- Supplies: Brown paper bags and a list of items
- Instructions: Write a list of items on the bag for family members to find around the house or outside in the yard.
- Feather Float– A simple (and funny) way to get your family to be competitive by blowing a feather in the air as long as they can.
- Supplies: A Bag of feather
- Instructions: Keep the feather floating in the air as long as possible by only using your mouth.
Have a Safe and Fun Thanksgiving from your Friends at Wichita on the Cheap!