Sedgwick County residents can recycle real Christmas trees for free!
When you’re ready to get rid of your Christmas tree, you can take it to one of more than 20 locations to have it turned into mulch. The program is run by Sedgwick County Environmental Resources.
While you’re there, you may also pick up free mulch — if it’s available — to use in your flowerbeds or compost piles. Mulching is done at various intervals and offered on a first-come basis.
Where and How to Recycle or Dispose of Christmas Trees in Wichita
After you’ve enjoyed your tree, bring it to one of the following disposal/recycling locations below between December 19 and January 20 – for free!
Before you bring your Christmas tree in for recycling, be sure to remove all ornaments and other man-made adornments! 🙂
While you’re at the location, help yourself to some free mulch too.
Wichita – Christmas Tree Drop-Off Locations
- Boston Park
6655 E. Zimmerly
- Buffalo Park
- College Hill United Methodist Church
1st and Erie
- Earhart Environmental Magnet School
4401 N. Arkansas
- Edgemoor Park
5815 E. 9th St.
- Extension Education Center
7001 W. 21st St. N.
- Great Plains Nature Center
6232 E. 29th St. N.
- Old Cowtown Museum
1865 Museum Blvd.
- Osage Park
2121 W. 31st St. S.
- South Linwood Park
Hydraulic and Mt. Vernon
SEDGWICK COUNTY – Christmas Tree Drop-Off Locations
E. South Ave. and Garfield
Chisholm Trail Sports Complex
115 N. 3rd Street
2801 E. James
- Garden Plain
at the Water Tower
107 Sioux St.
201 S. Park
- Mount Hope
400 S. Thomas
117 E. Main St.
- Park City
6801 N. Hydraulic
- Valley Center
The FREE mulch is available to any member of the public to pick up — if any is available.
Source: Sedgwick County Community newsletter For more information, visit SedgwickCounty.org/environment
Other small towns in Kansas, such as Haysville, may operate their own drop-off sites.
- For Haysville residents, holiday tree recycling drop off is north of Haysville Public Works office, 401. S. Jane, usually December 26 for about two weeks, depending on demand
- For Derby residents, free drop off is at High Park Chip Site, 2801 E. James, to January 23, in the northwest corner of the park north of the ball fields
- For Andover residents, free drop off at Waste Water facility, 2115 E. Harry, daily from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Leave a Reply