Where and How to Recycle or Dispose of Christmas Trees in Wichita
Sedgwick County residents can recycle real Christmas trees for free!
When you’re ready to get rid of your Christmas tree, you can take it to one of more than 20 locations to have it turned into mulch. The program is run by Sedgwick County Environmental Resources.
While you’re there, you may also pick up free mulch — if it’s available — to use in your flowerbeds or compost piles. Mulching is done at various intervals and offered on a first-come basis.
Before you bring your Christmas tree in for recycling, be sure to remove all ornaments and other man-made adornments! 🙂
Christmas Tree Drop-off Locations in Wichita, December 21 to January 23
- Boston Park, 6655 E. Zimmerly
- Buffalo Park, 10209 Hardtner
- College Hill United Methodist Church, 1st and Erie
- Earhart Environmental Magnet School, 4401 N. Arkansas
- Edgemoor Park, 5815 E. 9th Street
- Extension Office, 7001 W. 21st Street N.
- Great Plains Nature Center, 6232 E. 29th Street N.
- Old Cowtown Museum, 1865 Museum Blvd.
- Osage Park, 2121 W. 31st Street S.
- South Linwood Park, Hydraulic and Mt. Vernon
Christmas Tree Drop-Off Locations in Sedgwick County, December 21 to January 23
- Cheney, E. South Ave and Garfield
- Clearwater, Aquatic Center Parking Lot
- Colwich, 115 N. 3rd Street
- Derby, 2801 E. James
- Garden Plain, at the Water Tower
- Goddard, Means Park
- Kechi, 107 Sioux Street
- Maize, 201 S. Park
- Mount Hope, 400 S. Thomas
- Mulvane, 117 E. Main street
- Park City, 6801 N. Hydraulic
- Valley Center, Veteran’s Park
The FREE mulch is available to any member of the public to pick up — if any is available.
Source: Sedgwick County Community newsletter For more information, visit SedgwickCounty.org/environment
Other small towns in Kansas, such as Haysville, may operate their own drop-off sites.
- For Haysville residents, drop off is north of Haysville Public Works office, 401. S. Jane, usually December 26 for about two weeks, depending on demand
- For Derby residents, free drop off is at High Park Chip Site, 2801 E. James, to January 23, 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., in the northwest corner of the park north of the ball fields
- For Andover residents, free drop off at Waste Water facility, 2115 E. Harry, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays
Butler County does not mulch Christmas trees. Drop offs for residents are offered at Butler County Landfill, 2963 SW 40th Street, El Dorado Mondays to Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Weekly on Saturday (December 21, 2018 - January 23, 2019)