Here’s possibly the best-kept secret of summer entertainment in Wichita.
If you missed the discounted season tickets to Music Theatre of Wichita that we shared in the spring, all is not lost. There’s still a way to see a great musical on the cheap!
Music Theatre of Wichita’s 2019 season includes a line-up of entertaining shows like A Chorus Line and The Sound of Music. Regular price tickets start at $32 (matinee, balcony seating) and go up to nearly $70 (front orchestra). But you can get them for half that price IF there are leftover seats available.
Hold the phone – tickets to A Chorus Line start at just $25 on July 5! Go here to get yours right now!
Here’s how to do it.
- Show up to the box office within two hours of the opening curtain on performance day.
- During show season, the box office is located on the main floor of Century II.
- Ask for the discount at the window.
- If you’re with someone else, be prepared for the possibility that they won’t have two seats together.
- No refunds will be given, and the half-price tickets are not always available for all shows, so you’ll really need to be flexible!
- Go to the Music Theatre Box Office Hours and Policies page for all the details.
How cool is that?! I’ve always said it’s kind of like flying on standby, until a MTWichita representative pointed out that your chances of getting a seat for one of their shows is usually a lot better than getting a seat on a flight.
Pro tip: If no tickets are available for the show date you want, go have a milkshake at the Old Mill Tasty Shop or find some other fun downtown entertainment, then come back and try again for a different show time. 🙂