On Saturday, April 29, from 1pm to 5pm, the Greater Wichita YMCA is holding a free community event to inspire parents and kids to stay physically and intellectually active all summer long.
The Greater Wichita YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day is the Y’s national initiative to improve health and well-being of kids and families, and features activities such as cooking demonstrations, nature hikes, canoeing, and family games to motivate and teach families how to develop healthy routines at home.
The Greater Wichita YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day features:
- Pony Rides with YMCA Frontier Camp
- Fun with Food including tastings and take home seedlings
- Story & Activity Time with the Wichita Public Library
- Kids Fire Safety with the local Fire Department
- Soccer Skills Clinic with YMCA Farha Sports Camp
- Nature Exploration with Great Plains Nature Center
- PLUS, bounce houses, a family obstacle course and nature hike, face painting, canoeing, the Alpine Climbing Tower, tube slides, and more.
Can you believe this is free? It is, and it’s open to all families in our community, not just YMCA members. But you do have to register to reserve your spot!
The Greater Wichita YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day takes place at the YMCA’s Camp Hyde in Viola, Ks. Families can register for this free event by visiting www.ymcawichita.org/HKD.
All kids deserve the best summer ever, and Delta is proud to be the national sponsor of Healthy Kids Day, which kicks off a healthy, active and engaged summer for kids throughout the country. Locally, Healthy Kids Day is sponsored by Mirror Inc., Big Sky Party Rentals, and Youth as Resources.