2022 marks the return of the Wichita Art Museum’s annual Book Fair. This year, it’s a three-day extravaganza, a bibliophile’s dream, and the largest fundraising event for the Friends of the Wichita Art Museum from April 29 to May 1, 2022.
The theme this year is “Books & All That Jazz,” which comes from a partnership with Wichita Jazz Festival and dovetails beautifully with the current Art Deco exhibit at the museum.
The main attraction, of course, will be the tables full of hundreds of gently-used books for sale. If you show up on Friday night, you get first pick – along with a cash bar and live entertainment courtesy of the Wichita Jazz Festival.
The book fair continues throughout the weekend on both Saturday and Sunday with activities and entertainment for the whole family.
See the complete Wichita Art Museum Book Fair schedule below.
Wichita Art Museum Book Fair schedule of activities
Friday, April 29
5 to 8 pm
Bibliophiles, this is your opportunity to have first pick of all the books! The evening will include food trucks for dining and Bar-on-Demand offering a cash bar in the Lattner and Walker Family Plaza at the entrance to the museum. The Jonah Craker Quartet, sponsored by Wichita Jazz Festival, will play throughout the evening.
Saturday, April 30
10 am to 5 pm
As you peruse the many books for sale, refuel at the Legacy Coffee Cart, food trucks and the Muse Cafe. Enjoy the day’s lineup of local entertainment!
- 11 am to 3 pm | Family ArtVenture with free artmaking activities
- 11:30 am | Theatrical performances by Roxy’s Downtown
- 1:30 pm | Wichita East High School Lion Dance Club
- 2:30 pm | Buckner Performing Arts Magnet Elementary School Drum Line followed by Wichita Ukulele Society
- 3 pm | Caricatures by Charles Baughman
- 3:30 to 5 pm | B-Side, courtesy of the Wichita Jazz Festival
Sunday, May 1
11 am to 5 pm
The last day of this extravaganza is your last chance for books!
- 12:30 to 3:30 pm | Legacy Coffee Cart
- 12:30 to 3:30 pm | Storytelling on the half-hour
- 2:30 pm | Prairie Creek Elementary School Choir
Date(s): April 29, 30 and May 1, 2022
Time: 5-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday
Location: Wichita Art Museum, 1400 W. Museum Blvd. Wichita KS
Cost: FREE general admission to the museum and to Books and All That Jazz
For more information and a full schedule of activities, visit wichitaartmuseum.org/bookfair.
Leave a Reply