Have you wanted to participate in one of the many 100K organized cycling events in the Wichita area? Have you been considering Biking Across Kansas or RAGBRAI?
Join Bike Walk Wichita for our 2019 Long Distance Cycling ICT course to build up your endurance and get ready to ride! Train side by side with League of American Bicyclists certified instructors. The ultimate goal is not to be first to cross the finish line, but to finish a 100K or 100-mile ride safely and with confidence.
– Course will include 8 weeks of training rides, starting with a 20-mile ride, and concluding with a century ride (100 miles).
– The 100K training ride will be the Wicked Wind 100K organized ride on Sunday, May 19. (Please note that registration for the Wicked Wind is separate from the course registration fee.)
- Training rides will be held on both Saturdays and Sundays if there is enough interest for both days.
- Course will teach group riding skills, drafting, self-support on long rides, and road safety.
- Participants should be able to ride a distance of 15 miles and maintain a 12 mph average pace at the beginning of the course.
- Routes will be provided in advance, via a closed Facebook group and e-mail.
Two classroom kick-off sessions will be offered, which will cover nutrition and hydration tips from an experienced tri-athlete, in addition to general course information. Please attend on Tuesday March 26th, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm, OR Saturday March 30th, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm.
Both kick-off class sessions will be held at the Bike Walk Wichita headquarters, 131 S. Laura St. Wichita, KS, 67211. *The course will have a minimum enrollment of 15 students; if the minimum is not met, the course will be cancelled.
The riding course begins Saturday, April 13th, 2019. Sign up at www.bikewalkwichita.org under the Educate tab, then under Bike Skills Classes. OR see the direct link provided: https://bikewalkwichita.org/shop/long-distance-cycling/