Celebrate the birthday of Kansas this month with educational activities at the Great Plains Nature Center in Wichita. Its FREE to attend!
GPNC will host a self-guided Kansas Day event this year on Saturday, January 28, 2023. The event will go from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and is free and open to the public. This free, all-ages, inside event will lead you through some of the most exciting places, symbols, and history our home on the range offers. Along with honoring this beautifully diverse state, we will also feature some of Great Plains Nature Center’s most popular events, clubs, animals, and more!
- During this self-guided event, you’ll also find:
- Kansas Trivia
- Crafts and activities
- A Naturalist chat about Kansas State Symbols at 11am
- The 2023 Annual Guide Reveal!
- Volunteer and Membership Opportunities
- Scheduled Guided Hikes **If the weather allows
- We can’t wait to see you there!
WOTC Pro Tip: Did you know that Great Plains Nature Center is partners with the Kansas Wildlife Exhibit?
About the Kansas Wildlife Exhibit:
- Its a FREE zoo to visit at Riverside Park
- The Kansas Wildlife Exhibit contains over 25 different species of native mammals, reptiles, and birds in eight displays.
- Feedings are every day at 12 p.m.
- Click HERE to read an article about the Kansas Wildlife Park
At the nature center, you will be able to:
Also, be sure to look for the GPNC’s many free publications about wildlife and natural plants in Kansas. The free full-color guides are filled with information and photographs to help you identify native Kansas species.
Kansas Day celebration at GPNC
Date: Saturday, January 28, 2023
Time: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (come and go)
Location: Great Plains Nature Center
For more information: gpnc.org