This program was available during spring break and is usually available during the last weeks of summer. For continuing free meals throughout summer, read our article about Free meals for kids during the summer.
Filling the Gap Lunches for Kids is a program of Partners for Wichita that provides free lunches for kids ages 18 and younger who are at risk of going hungry during times when no school lunch programs are available.
The sack lunches are made by possible by people in Wichita generously donating the food and their time. If you know of any kids who would benefit, please spread the word. For more information about this program, visit PartnersforWichita.org or call (316) 263-1389.
Filling the Gap Lunches for Kids is coming back for spring 2020, March 16-20.
During Spring Break 2020, the free kids’ lunches were available Monday through Friday at 17 locations around Wichita:
March 16-20, from 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- New Covenant UM Church, 1710 W. Douglas
- Salvation Army Downtown, 350 N. Market
- Evergreen Neighborhood Resource Center, 2700 N. Woodland
- HumanKind Ministries Villa Court, 930 N. Market
- Mt. Olive Tabernacle of Praise, 909 N. St. Paul St.
- St. Paul’s UMC, 1356 N. Broadway
- Atwater Neighborhood Resource Center, 2755 E. 19th St. N.
- Dellrose UMC, 1502 N. Dellrose
- Iasis Christian Center, 1914 E. 11th St. N.
- Tabernacle COGIC, 1502 E. 17th St. N.
- Urban League of Kansas, 2418 E. 9th St. N
- Colvin Neighborhood Resource Center, 2820 S. Roosevelt
- Hilltop Urban Church, 910 S. Bluffview Dr.
- Salvation Army Citadel Corps, 1739 S. Elpyco St.
- Cross Point Church, 1515 E. Harry
- Salvation Army Orchard Corps, 1910 S. Everett
- Oaklawn Activity Center Cafeteria, 4904 S. Clifton
- Haysville United Methodist Church, 601 E. Grand, Haysville