This is a really rare deal. The Kansas Aviation Museum is planning a day with FREE admission on December 8, 2018.
The museum will be open at 10 a.m. and close at 5 p.m. that day. And word is now in from the North Pole that Santa Claus will be there from noon until 4 p.m.! Plus, they’ll have other family activities during that time as well.
If you have not been, this is a great opportunity to experience some of Wichita’s aviation history! They’ll also have 20% off in the gift shop during the event, or 30% off in the gift shop if you’re a museum member.
And if you are looking for a great gift check out the deal on Kansas Aviation Museum memberships!
The museum is housed in the old Wichita airport, which was one of the busiest airports in the nation in the 1940s. Amelia Earhart, Charles Lindbergh, and even Fred Astaire have visited. (They had to fly in; all we have to do is drive there!)
The day will be free for all guests, and from noon until 4 p.m. they’ll have several activities going on. Kids can make crafts and play games, and anyone can do some aeronautical engineering with paper airplane testing in the museum’s big atrium area.
Related: Other Santa Sightings in Wichita
If you have questions about the event, call the museum at (316) 683-9242.
Your guide to Wichita holidays on the cheap!
Special Holiday Events:
- Day-by-day guide to Christmas and holiday events in and near Wichita
- Horse-drawn Carriage Rides
- Where to Visit Santa around Wichita
- Christmas Craft Shows and Holiday Markets
- How to make the holidays special when you can't afford big presents
- Non-Toy Gift Ideas
- Find Unique Gifts at these Local Wichita Shops
- Great Local Gifts Under $20
- Wichita Christmas Light Displays
- Botanica Illuminations
- Fulton Valley Farms A Country Christmas
- Christmas Tree Farms