Whether it’s chilly or mild, keep this winter discount at Botanica in mind. Now through February 28, 2023 Botanica will be open regular hours and you can get admission for just $5 per person!
Every season is beautiful at Botanica, but this deal will be especially nice on those unseasonably warm winter days.
What do at Botanica in January and February? LOTS!
Here is a list of ideas and tips for your winter visit to Botanica, the Wichita Gardens:
- Visit the Children’s Library which is located in the lobby (a hidden Gem)
- Go on a Sculpture Walk
- They have over 100 different sculptures throughout the property
- Visit the Downing Children’s Garden
- Boeing Monster Woods has real and manufactured trees that come to life throughout the wooded play area. Within an over 20-foot tall Treehouse, several elaborately designed fairy houses and gardens!
- Salamander Spring and Stream will be off but without water, it’s still very cool. Search for 13 lifelike salamanders along the banks.
- The Enchanted Glen features metal sculptures crafted into a favorite children’s story. Open the caterpillar to find dress-up clothes for a fairytale play or put on a puppet show in the Enchanted Glen.
- Cargill Children’s Farm. Be sure to visit the Party Barn, representative of a typical Kansas barn. The hand-painted mural on the interior creates a realistic setting for birthday parties, classes, and family activities.
- Grandma’s Farmhouse depicts country life-equipped toys for kids to play with.
- Granddaddy’s Musical Maze you will find musical instruments tucked inside and make your way through to play a rainmaker, pagoda chimes, drums, and more.
- Check out the Chinese Garden of Friendship
- Dragon Wall, was hand-made of more than 200 pieces.
- Foo Dogs guard the entrance to Botanica’s Chinese Garden of Friendship. Often placed outside palaces, government offices, and tombs in China.
- Treasured Friend or Mountain Pavilion is at the top of the stream and is a great place to sit and meditate. All of the limestone rocks behind the pavilion came from the Kansas Flint Hill.
- Woodland Bird Walk
- Eagles Nest is a huge sculpture you can sit in. It is a replica of the actual size of an Eagles nest. Great photo op!
- Wild Turkey Wings is another great photo op to take a picture in front of.
- Bird Blind is a great place to sit and take in all the wildlife around you.
- Bird Posts now line the walkway so you can learn about different birds that are native to Kansas.
- Go Inside the Greenhouse (a hidden Gem)
- A lot of people miss this unique spot! The greenhouse is attached to the Terrace Room near the lobby. It houses exotic and tropical plants and it’s a great place to get warm! There is also a small pool inside to give you a tropical environment.
- Pack a Lunch and eat in the Headed Pavilion Overlooking the Pond
- Pack your lunch and take advantage of $5 admission.
- Visit the Khicha Family Carousel which was the Joyland Carousel
- It will be open on Saturdays only from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. The Carousel will be closed during the month of February for maintenance.
And if you want to ride the restored Joyland carousel, Saturdays are your day.
Botanica will be open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (except for major holidays).
In January, the carousel will be open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Saturdays, so be sure to make plans for that timeframe if you want to have a ride. The Carousel will be closed during the month of February for maintenance.
There’s an additional $3 per person fee for the carousel, which is not discounted. And the carousel is not just for kids, so get ready to enjoy some Joyland nostalgia!
The Botanica admission discount applies to everyone – seniors, adults, kids, and military. What a bargain!
Date(s): Mondays through Saturdays in January and February 2023
Time: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: 701 Amidon St., Wichita, KS 67203
For more information, visit the Botanica website.