Have you heard about ESPN College GameDay? This Saturday morning, February 28, 2015, College GameDay will be hosted by the Shockers at WSU’s Koch Arena. This is a FREE event, even if you don’t have a ticket to the game that will be played later in the afternoon between Wichita State and Northern Iowa.
Here are the particulars, from a press release issued by Wichita State University:
- The WSU-UNI contest is officially sold out, but fans without game tickets may still attend GameDay. This is a free event, and all seating is general admission.
- Standard reserved parking procedures will apply for the entire day. Fans with SASO parking passes may park in their normal spots upon arrival.
- Shuttles will run from the arena to the metropolitan complex between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. For more information, visit www.wichita.edu/shuttle.
- WSU students with valid student I.D. will be admitted at 8:15 a.m. through the east entrance. Doors to all other entrances will open at 8:30 a.m.
- All fans will be asked to clear the arena at the conclusion of the show. The gates will re-open for those with valid game tickets approximately 90 minutes prior to tipoff.
And here they are again from the GoShockers Facebook event page, (which you can join and then invite your Facebook friends):
8:15am – Students with valid ID at East Entrance
8:30am – All other entrances
• Seating is General Admission
• Concession Stands open
• All Men’s Basketball Policies apply
• Arena will be cleared at 11:00am, including those with a valid game ticket
• Doors re-open for the game at 11:30am
• Shuttles will run starting at 7:30am-4:30pm, visit wichita.edu/shuttle to see the Metropolitan Complex route information
• Normal Men’s Basketball gameday rules will apply