In February, the Wichita Public Library will host free screenings of the 27th Annual Academy Award® Nominated Short Films. The 15 Oscar-nominated short films are each 40 minutes or less, in the categories of Animation, Live Action, and Documentary. Admission is free for all showings.
You can see films in all categories on Saturday, February 16 at the 21st Street Warren Theater. (Note from the Library: The films are not rated and may not be suitable for all audiences.)
Here’s the schedule for all free screenings of the 27th Annual Academy Award® Nominated Short Films in Wichita:
- Saturday, February 16 at 10 a.m. at the West 21st Street Warren Theater, 9150 W. 21st St.
- Sunday, February 17 at 1 p.m. at the Alford Branch Library, 3447 S. Meridian (Animated and Live Action categories only)
- Tuesday, February 19 at 5 p.m. at the Westlink Branch Library, 8515 Bekemeyer (Animated category only)
- Wednesday, February 20 at Noon at the Evergreen Branch Library, 2601 N. Arkansas (Animated and Live Action categories)
- CANCELED Thursday, February 21 at 4 p.m. at the Rockwell Branch Library, 5939 E. 9th St., 688-9361 (Documentary category only)
- Friday, February 22 at 1 p.m. at the Maya Angelou Northeast Branch Library, 3051 E. 21st St. (Animated and Live Action categories)
- Saturday, February 23 at 10 a.m. at The Orpheum Theatre, 200 N. Broadway (All three categories: Animated, Live Action, and Documentary)
For possible schedule changes or to see descriptions of the films that will be shown, be sure to visit the library website at http://www.wichita.lib.ks.us/Programs/Shorts.htm.
Photo credit: Bubbels