Nothing goes better with sports than comfort food and a cold beverage. This handy guide lists some of the most popular sports bars in Wichita as well as several new establishments. Whether you play angry with the Shockers, bleed Jayhawk blue or roar like a Wildcat, these restaurants offer high-definition entertainment, relaxation, and food or drink specials. Don’t settle for watching the game on your tiny smartphone or tablet – live it with fans like you in one of Wichita’s own sports bars.
In support of local businesses, we gathered a list of the hottest sports bars that were born and bred in the ICT.
The Home Team – Wichita’s College Sports Grill
- Shocker Sports Grill and Lanes Where better to watch the Shockers than on campus at Wichita State University? Located in the lower level of Rhatigan Student Center, it’s no surprise they offer gameday specials on brews and food, and two huge screens to watch everyone’s favorite team. In the off season, take advantage of the very reasonably priced billiards and bowling.
The Greats – Wichita’s Veteran Sports Bars
1. Emerson Biggins – With two convenient locations, this sports bar and grill is a go-to for families and casual fans. Daily specials include half price burgers and fries on Tuesdays, a large one topping pizza on Thursdays and half price drinks on Fridays. On game days, Emerson Biggins’ West location is also the live broadcast site of Shocker Soundoff; a Wichita State basketball radio program from Sports Radio 1410 KGSO.
- Address: West – 2330 N. Maize Rd.; Downtown – 808 E. Douglas Ave.
- Phone: West – (316) 866-2577; Downtown – (316) 303-9800
- Website | Facebook | Yelp: West / Downtown | Online Menu
2. Heroes – As “Old Town’s Original Sports Bar and Grill,” Heroes offers a wide variety of appetizers, salads, burgers, sandwiches and pizza. Fans can view the big game from 33 TVs and three big projection screens. A heated outdoor patio is also available. Specials include BOGO burgers on Thursdays as well as 69¢ Tacos and $2 Margaritas from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. on Fridays.
3. River City Brewing Co. – Located in the heart of Old Town, River City Brewing Co. is Wichita’s only downtown brewpub. In addition to its hand-crafted microbrews and seasonal beers, River City specializes in hamburgers, pizza, sirloin, ribeye and five varieties of mac and cheese. Fans will be able to view the game on several TVs throughout this wood-paneled sports bar. Check with River City for a list of food and drink specials.
4. Jerseys Grill and Bar – Jerseys is an official sponsor of the Wichita State Shockers. Need a place to watch the big game? With 30 television screens, no matter where you sit, you’ll have the best seat in the house. Jerseys offers daily specials, a dozen beers on tap, and a menu featuring everything from pizza to prime rib. When the weather is nice, head outside to catch some rays or even a volleyball game on the Sand Bar.
Jerseys has a daily Happy Hour from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. featuring half-priced drinks and $5 appetizers.
- Address: 3213 N. Toben (Off Hwy K-96 & Webb Road by Menards)
- Phone: (316) 636-5000
- Website – Facebook – Online Menu
The Underdogs – Meet Wichita’s Freshman Sports Bars
1. Deano’s – This Cambridge Market sports bar boasts 23 beers on tap to enjoy while watching the game on 23 TVs. Food options include sausages, original hamburger combinations and artisan oven pizzas. During basketball season, Deano’s is also home for live broadcasts of Wichita’s State’s men’s and women’s coaches shows each Monday on NewsRadio 1330 KNSS. For show information and a list of broadcast dates, click here.
- Address: 9747 E. 21st St. N. Suite 101
- Phone: (316) 977-7107
- Website | Facebook | Yelp | Online Menu (PDF)
2. The Hill – College Hill’s newest sports bar is a great place to watch your favorite team play on 20 different TVs and one projection screen. Thirsty fans will appreciate their extensive list of over 200 craft beer bottle selections. If you visit on an empty stomach, Give the Hill burger or street tacos a try. Check with the Hill for a list of food and drink specials.
3. The Monarch – Located at the roundabout in Delano, the Monarch offers a full menu featuring sandwiches made with in-house smoked meats. Their outdoor patio is also a must-visit on warm evenings. The fan experience here may differ from a traditional sports bar if you are searching for large TVs and classic American bar food. If you follow Sporting Kansas City, however, this is your spot. Check with the Monarch for a list of food and drink specials.
5. Wichita Brewing Company – One of ICT’s newest brewpubs, it features eight flat screen TVs for instant entertainment. Be sure to order a slice of WBC’s made from scratch, wood-fired pizza. Calzones, salads and sandwiches are also available. Daily specials include a lunch discount and happy hour from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 10 p.m. – 11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays .