Senior Wednesdays in Wichita are fun, informative, and low-cost activities sponsored by the Kansas Health Foundation and offered in collaboration with various local venues. These events include a nice variety of activities for people 55 and up.
There are generally two Senior Wednesday events each week, one at 10 a.m. and another at 1:30 p.m. The schedule may change at times, so double-check with the venue or at the Senior Wednesday website before you head out.
10:30 a.m. (doors open at 10:00 a.m.) at the Wichita Art Museum, 1400 W. Museum Blvd.
(316) 268-4921 | http://www.wichitaartmuseum.org
1:30 p.m. at the WATER Center, 101 E. Pawnee, in Herman Hill Park
(316) 350-3386 | http://www.wichita.gov
10:00 a.m. at the Sedgwick County Zoo, 5555 Zoo Blvd.
(316) 266-8213 | http://www.scz.org
$4 programming fee
1:30 p.m. at the Wichita Public Library – Central Library, 223 S. Main St.
(316) 261-8500 | http://www.wichita.lib.ks.us
10:00 a.m. at the Ulrich Museum of Art, Wichita State University, 1845 N. Fairmount
(316) 978-3664 | http://ulrich.wichita.edu
1:30 p.m. at The Kansas African American Museum, 601 N. Water St.
(316) 262-7651 | http://www.tkaamuseum.org
10 a.m. (doors open at 9:30 a.m.) at the Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum, 204 S. Main St.
(316) 265-9314 | http://www.wichitahistory.org
$2 programming fee
1:30 p.m. at Exploration Place, 300 N. McLean Blvd.
(316) 660-0600 | http://www.exploration.org
$4 programming fee plus tax
10:00 a.m. at the Great Plains Nature Center, 6232 E. 29th St. N.
(316) 683-5499 | http://www.gpnc.org
1:30 p.m. at Old Cowtown Museum, 1865 Museum Blvd.
(316) 350-3323 | http://www.oldcowtown.org
$2 programming fee plus tax
For more information, visit the Senior Wednesdays website.