The Wichita River Festival 2016 will be held June 3-11. Riverfest is one of the best deals of the year with all the live music, events, and activities happening throughout the week. Once again, all of the Wichita River Festival concerts are FREE with your Riverfest button. Update: I also just found out that the Wagonmasters’ River Tours are free with your button this year!
The price of a button is $10,
but you can still buy your Riverfest button for $7 if you purchase it by May 5. Riverfest child buttons for kids ages 6-12 are still just $3. Kids 5 and younger get into the festival free.
Beginning May 6, 2016 you can get purchase a $10 button at the usual places, like Dillons, Quik Trips, and AAA, as well as at various other locations around town. (I bought mine at the YMCA one year.)
Riverfest Button Discounts
Along with access to the Wichita River Festival events and all the concerts, your Riverfest button is like a wearable coupon that gets you deals at many local museums and attractions around town.
Your Riverfest button is your coupon June 3-11, 2016
- Sedgwick County Zoo $2 off admission
- Botanica $2 off admission
- Exploration Place $5 admission to the museum and $2.50 tickets to Boeing Dome Theater
- The Kansas African American Museum FREE admission
- Kansas Aviation Museum $1 off tickets
- Museum of World Treasures $2 off admission
- Old Cowtown Museum $2 off admission
- Wichita Toy Train Museum FREE admission
- Wichita Art Museum $2 off admission
- Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum Half-price admission Tuesday-Saturday; FREE admission on Sunday
Event Discounts and Special Deals
- FREE Admission to the Wichita Wingnuts game on Sunday, June 5, 2016. Game starts at 1:05 p.m.
- Discounted admission to the annual opening of Botanica’s Butterfly House on Sunday, June 5, 2016, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Riverfest Concerts (FREE with button)
Riverfest concerts provide live musical entertainment all week long. This year’s concert choices include headliners like The Roots and Violent Femmes, local favorites like the Wichita Symphony Orchestra, Rudy Love, and Music Theater of Wichita, and a ton of other artists spanning genres and generations.
The complete concert schedule is in the Riverfest Guide you will get when you purchase the button. One of my favorite concerts every year is the Twilight Pops.
Riverfest Activities Included with Your Button
Sure, your Riverfest button gets you admission to the Wichita River Festival to do the big things like enjoy concerts, buy funnel cake, and get into the Blacktop Nationals Car Show, but it also grants you access to numerous other activities throughout the week that are FREE with your button. Your guide has a complete schedule, but here are a few I found that I think will be fun:
- Wagonmasters River Tours (Take a ride along the Arkansas River on the Admiral’s ship.)
- Cox Kids Corner (Inflatables, art & science projects, clowns, magicians, and more.)
- Family Front Yard (Build Lego sculptures or help make a quilt for Habitat for Humanity)
- FireShark Gaming (Immersive video games inside a truck.)
- Laser Tag
- Paddle Boats
- Habitat for Humanity Riverfest build (Volunteers are going to build a three-bedroom house in eight days!)
What are your favorite Riverfest events?