The Internet abounds with free (and perfectly legal) music to download to your MP3 player, desktop, smart phone, or other device.
Most offers are promotional and available free for a limited time only, so prices are subject to change. Before you click the “buy” button, make sure they’re still free.
- Every week, get free music at iTunes, where you’ll find a wide variety of genres represented.
- You’ll get free songs (look for “Top 100 Free”) and entire albums for free at Amazon.
Every genre you could possibly think of, and some you didn’t know existed, are represented here. If you want to expand your musical horizons, or find a soundtrack to play during dinner with the family, this is where you go. (Perhaps you’ll find fiesta music for taco night, or maybe Parisian cafe music to go with your ratatouille or french fries!) This collection often includes albums for kids, too.
- Go here to download each month’s People Magazine Country Music Playlist. You’ll need iTunes for this one.
- Spin Magazine’s free monthly playlist at iTunes leans heavily to Indie and Alternative music.
- Services like Pandora and Spotify make streaming music a cinch, and they both have free versions.
Some of the links contained in this post are my affiliate links. You’ll support Wichita on the Cheap when you use my links! Thanks.